vokera synegi 28e - constant intermittent d1 code

oh I absolutely agree with you, I don't think they have diagnosed this right, but they have replaced everything that a D1 code could throw up except the PCB board. I am writing all this down, and before they send the engineer out for the 7th time this year, I will ring his manager and ask. The manager of this firm has been liaising with Vokera and even they are stumped. The firm my insurance use is Heatserve based in Wolverhampton.

The boiler itself is working at the moment, ive got it running at a high temp setting, it seems to cut out when the boiler starts up on a low temp setting for some reason. but as I say, this boiler has been a bad one from the start.

Do you have a direct number for the Service manager south for him to ring him please? Many thanks for your help.

See PM

Sponsored Links
Right, ok ive just had a quote for a new boiler,now the guy that came out said that I would have to have a new gas pipe, apparently the gas pipe is 15mm that goes into the boiler itself which is too small, he said that it could account for the problems with the existing boiler, however, he did say that it might be the correct pipe for this vokera boiler. Any suggestions on this?

The cost of a new boiler would be about 2.5k, more so because of the gas pipe he would have to run from the garage to the boiler itself, the other option is to take up all the floor boards and replace the gas pipe under there which I do NOT want to do. He said he couldn't fit a new boiler with out the correctly sized pipe. :cry:

If that's what you've decided then OK. Of course he could fit the new boiler to the old pipe but he shouldn't so he's correct.

I would imagine after the work you've had done someone has gas rated the appliance running and if you've achieved the correct burner pressure then it probably isn't the cause of the problem.

I would imagine after the work you've had done someone has gas rated the appliance running and if you've achieved the correct burner pressure then it probably isn't the cause of the problem.

Assume nothing.

No surprise the bloke quoting didn't check it either. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Right, ok ive just had a quote for a new boiler,now the guy that came out said that I would have to have a new gas pipe, apparently the gas pipe is 15mm that goes into the boiler itself which is too small, he said that it could account for the problems with the existing boiler, however, he did say that it might be the correct pipe for this vokera boiler. Any suggestions on this?

The cost of a new boiler would be about 2.5k, more so because of the gas pipe he would have to run from the garage to the boiler itself, the other option is to take up all the floor boards and replace the gas pipe under there which I do NOT want to do. He said he couldn't fit a new boiler with out the correctly sized pipe. :cry:

a good % of boilers have 15mm connections for the gas pipe, however, the issue is as has already been pointed out that the important detail is whether the working pressure at the boiler is correct (with other appliances running if applicable). It may be that the 15mm gad pipe is 22mm out of sight ?

Get that checked out

ps I'd be more than happy to drive to Anglesey to fit you a new boiler for 2.5k :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back