Vokera Syntesi 25e boiler repressurising problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Vokera Syntesi 25e combi boiler, around three years old. We've had intermittent problems with pressure falling and having to be repressurised, which came to a head over the cold snap. Some days the boiler was depressurising completely overnight, giving an 04 code in the morning. Then it would go for quite a while without needing repressurising, though the hot water supply has been dwindling somewhat.

Over Christmas it seemed to be taking longer to repressurise - I wasn't hearing the gushing sound of water rushing through the filling loop. I've had the loop off and cleaned it out - no obvious issues there. Some mornings it was taking half an hour to re-ignite and repressurise - I put this down to the severe cold weather.

On Tuesday morning this week the boiler locked out with an 04 code - the first time for perhaps a week or ten days. It will not repressurise at all. I've had the filling loop open for an hour or more at a go and nothing.

I've checked the expansion vessel pressure - it's registering at about 14 psi. I've no obvious leaks that I can see on the rads.

While checking rads I noticed that there was black water coming out of two of the rads upstairs - these are the rads where there is always excess air if I do a bleed - none of the other rads seem affected.

I'm wondering if this is linked to the repressurising problem - could there be gunk from these old rads blocking the system somewhere in the boiler? If so, is this something I can get at myself and clean out? I could do with a bit of advice on what I should be looking at.

One other point - I followed some advice on this site and removed the flow restrictor. The hot water taps are flowing merrily now - just not with hot water!

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
3 way valve doesn't work, non return valve is stuck or the right hand isolation valve is blocked. of the three the most likely is the isolation valve being blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back