Volume dops out on TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an LG flat screen TV with (built-in) freeview.
Ever since it was new the volume would drop out momentarily when a light switch is switched on or off, or if the electric shower is in use (bathroom immediately above TV). Even a 20w table lamp switched on causes this to happen.

I did go back to the shop about it when still in guarantee but they weren't helpful and I didn't have time or inclination to pursue it further at the time. :rolleyes:

Has anyone had a similar problem?

And as for the radio through the TV ..... just forget it! The volume is invariably more off than on.

Sponsored Links
Audio glitches are invariably the result of inadequate screening of the aerial cable and sockets. Make sure that all coaxial cable is double-screened (e.g. WF100) and that all sockets are fully screened. At the same time ensure that no coaxial cable is close to mains power cable and that the aerial itself is also well away from mains power cable.

If you are certain that the interference isn't being picked up by the aerial itself (i.e. it is well above roof height) then you can fit a masthead amplifier to the aerial mast and an equivalent attenuator at each Freeview receiver. This will boost the signal and any interference picked up by the cable will be attenuated before the receiver.

See http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/freeview_problems.htm

• Thanks
Reactions: SNM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back