VPN's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone using one? I was looking into it but I just cannot get onto any VPN provider sites from my home broadband. I’m on Vodafone broadband. If I log off and use 4G, no problem, so I suspect my provider is restricting access. Does that mean that if I sign up to one, I will never be able to connect to anything?

Sponsored Links
I'm on Nord VPN, once you have installed the program you connect directly to their server in any country you choose.

There are ways to build it into some modems but the app is good enough.

Never had any issues with NordVPN, one of the best imho.

Check you have age restrictions or content restrictions turned off on Internet account.

Funny thing is, I've never got around to turning that off with mobile account. Gets annoying sometimes then I forget about it.

I'm on Nord VPN, once you have installed the program you connect directly to their server in any country you choose.

There are ways to build it into some modems but the app is good enough.

Never had any issues with NordVPN, one of the best imho.
Just signed up to NordVPN. £82 for a 2 year package with 3 months free. Bought it through TopCashback so it should end up costing me around £33. Peanuts! :)

Sponsored Links
Just signed up to NordVPN. £82 for a 2 year package with 3 months free. Bought it through TopCashback so it should end up costing me around £33. Peanuts! :)

It's best one by far.

We're on Virgin Media and they have a habit of throttling some connections (supposed to be 100mb connection).

Been connected to German server for over a week now and no issues.

Anyone using one? I was looking into it but I just cannot get onto any VPN provider sites from my home broadband. I’m on Vodafone broadband. If I log off and use 4G, no problem, so I suspect my provider is restricting access. Does that mean that if I sign up to one, I will never be able to connect to anything?
Use a tor browser, it will bypass you isp restrictions.
Why do you need it?

Use a tor browser, it will bypass you isp restrictions.
Why do you need it?
Thanks but I got round it by logging off of my broadband connection and connecting my iPad to my iPhone on 4G. I could then sign up to Nord VPN. Now I have NordVPN installed I can get onto any vpn type site by logging on to Nord vpn. I wanted a vpn because I use a couple of kodi sites for free films and sports on my firestick and sometimes the isp blocks them or throttles the connection down. Works fine with Nord now. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back