Vulcan Continental Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to everyone...

I've an old Vulcan continental boiler which I strongly suspect is not the most efficient boiler in the world. I intend to have it replaced with a new boiler using the existing set up.. (Pump radiators, gravity hot water, tanks in loft).I've also got to consider a possible relocation of the boiler to the loft when I have it converted. Question is whats the best replacement ?
I've had a couple of plumbers have a look and they all recommend different models so I'm a bit confused. Can anyone help!

Sponsored Links
You'll be just as confused on here, we all like different makes for different reasons :confused:

I would use Worcester Bosch :eek:

If you have a new boiler fitted then it can be left as an open vented system if the boiler is in the property.

If its moved to the loft you may not get enough head of water above the boiler to enable it to be used as an open vented.

It could be converted to a sealed pressurised system but that runs the risk of leaking rads and all the rad valves should be changed otherwise they are likely to start leaking if pressurised.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Run a search of the forum and then post back with more specific questions - otherwise this thread will quickly decend into a unhelpful melee.

There are simply too many questions and possibilities from your initial post - but the answer is here, and probably posted withing the last two or so months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back