need help on replacing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an old vulcan continental boiler and plan to get my plumber friend to replace it. im buying the boiler so i can look for the best deal, what floor standing boiler is a best swap for the vulcan am also after wireless heat controls. small house 7 rads. thanks

Sponsored Links
Get any boiler you like but keep away from Ideal and anything French
Concern yourself more with getting a proper powerflush done and fitting a magnaclean. If you dont you will end up needing a new boiler after a couple of years anyway.

can i buy any covententional boiler an it'll be ok, i`ll take note about the french thanks ha ha. also i cant find a 2 or 3 port valve ive read there should be there, theres a pump on boiler only.

You've probably got gravity hot water and pumped central heating then. The system will need upgrading to fully pumped. I hope your "friend" knows what he's doing because I've seen some awful attempts at fully pumped conversions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back