W-B 24i (not junior) Water Temperature Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch 24i NG boiler that in the last 6 months or so does not seem to be reaching temperature for the Hot water. It runs warm, but if I want a hot bath I now have to close down the tap to about 1/2 flow, then the water seems to come through at a higher temperature. Any pointers as to the cause of this??

Thanks in advance & anticipation

Sponsored Links
it wont be the flow switch because it that was dead you would not get no hot water at all

strange that this is happening after 6 months, did it work fine on full flow during this time?

you need to check the temp sensor,put plenty of heat sink on the back.cannot remember for sure but i think it is a dry sensor.

Sponsored Links
You need to measure the flow rate and inlet and outlet temperatures.

Now its winter the boiler is struggling to heat much water.

Your model is very prone to lime scaling and in an extreme case can reduce the water flow to zero.

Tony

Hi Tony,

there is no problem with flow, I've plenty of it, just temperature I'll get some heatsink paste and butter it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back