Walk in shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. How come part of my walk in shower base has got a yellow stain on it. Is the material that was used on it cheap? Also the same yellow stain is on my toilet seat

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A11F85A5-0703-4954-852C-7D22435E6E42.jpeg
8BF14A08-18F9-4DEA-A2B2-246A00455AD0.jpeg

some white plastics do go yellow, and I don't believe there is anything you can do about it. Sometimes sunlight accelerates it.

Bleach can cause yellow stain. That's probably the cause on the WC seat.

So can cigarette smoke, though unlikely in a shower.

the mark at the bottom of the shower door might be a rust stain, from screws used on assembly. BZP will rust if kept damp. If you can get a pure phosphoric acid rust remover (Jenolite liquid used to be, but I believe is discontinued) and tape cotton wool or kitchen roll against the stain, wetted with acid, it will clean it off. But you will also need to remove the rusty screws and replace with stainless.

Last edited:
I have attached pictures. There is also rust coming out from the corner.

Also I have another issue with my toilet seat. How come it doesn’t go slowly down in a slow motion. It use to go down slowly before but now it just smacks down. Has something gone loose?

image.jpg image.jpg
What are these holes for on my toilet on the side? One side is open and the other side there is a plastic cover on it. Its strange

...the mark at the bottom of the shower door might be a rust stain, from screws used on assembly. BZP will rust if kept damp. If you can get a pure phosphoric acid rust remover (Jenolite liquid used to be, but I believe is discontinued) and tape cotton wool or kitchen roll against the stain, wetted with acid, it will clean it off. But you will also need to remove the rusty screws and replace with stainless.

I had a look on ebay, and there are a number of people selling phosphoric acid, possibly for use on food equipment.

Could you have bought cheap crap off the Internet and got someone even crapper to fit it?

Could you have bought cheap crap off the Internet and got someone even crapper to fit it?
What do you mean? Your english is poor. Explain it better. I didn’t purchase the items online. I got it from a local shop near me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back