Wall DPC height when converting suspended floor to solid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dpc in the walls is 2 courses lower than the height of the solid floor (which has no dpm). What should happen to the wall dpc when you convert a suspended floor to a solid one to maintain damp proofing? I have read that the wall dpm should be just above the height of the solid floor but this is obviously not possible unless an additional chemical dpc is installed above the original.
I am thinking about replacing the solid floor with a new one but the overall surface level would have to be the same so can somebody tell me how I should best marry up the new dpm with the existing dpc.
Thanks !

Sponsored Links
just make sure the new dpm is lapped up the walls,jobs a gooden.

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I still have this issue and now need to resolve it asap.

If a new DPM is just lapped up the walls I can see how the floor is dry but the DPC of the walls will still be breached by the rubble underneath the floor. If I dig out and re do the floor I think the new floor DPM would still be higher than the wall DPC.
Please can somebody advise me what to do !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back