Wall hung toilet frame to breeze block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a very small guest toilet and decided to install a wall hung toilet. Have purchased a Grohe 1.13 SL frame. Have also removed ceramic tiles from the wall (and some of the plaster) revealing breeze blocks. I dont know anything about the load bearing capabilities of breeze blocks but suffice to say i can push a screwdriver into the surface (though I haven't tried for more than a few mm). Two brackets are supplied to be fitted to the wall with a carriage bolt (65mm) of which 55mm will screw into a 10x50mm rawl plug also supplied.

What is the most appropriate method of attaching the bolt to the wall.

1) Drill appropriate hole into the breeze blog, insert rawl plug and screw in the bolt - will it hold. Just worried the breeze block will crumble,
2) As above, but secure the rawl plug in with resin. If so do I drill a slightly bigger hole
3) Use a rawl anchor, with or without resin
3) Some other method

Many thanks
20220730_113853.jpg

Sponsored Links
The toilet has 4 primary fixings. The two brackets and 2 more on the feet. However normally you wind up the feet and insert a length of 4x2 under the frame.
The frame must be faced in 18mm plywood and a frame made around and on top of the toilet in two by two.
The wooden frame encapsulates the frame you can also fix through the side rails into the timber.
You can fix directly into the breeze just don't use hammer mode.
It pays to grip fill the ply onto the face of the frame as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back