Wall hung toilet, thread lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a wall hung toilet. There are 2 threaded bolts that attached it to the wall that screw into the frame.

I was concerned these might come lose over time, and the bolt is behind the false wall. I'm contemplating putting thread lock on the bolts.

Do other people do this?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't do any harm but I don't and haven't had any issues.

I think anyone that boxes plumbing stuff in, making it virtually in-accessible deserves all the heart ache and added expense they get.

Was on a job once and the only way in was to remove some marble tiles, (£50k they cost), which meant any replacement would be from a different rock and so noticeably different.

Custard went for a complete re-tile, still with no access. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well I can't agree with that point of view, but I see what you're getting at. However, there's always a compromise, and wall hung toilets and sinks look great (in my opinion), but at a cost... you have to hide the plumbing. Plumbing is ugly and detracts from the clean look - you can't have it both ways... unfortunately.

I'm making it as accessible as I possibly can anyway. It won't be as bad as the marble disaster - although if you can afford 50k for some marble tiles, I doubt the re-tile really hurt his budget - if he has a budget.

Worst case for me is taking some tiles and plasterboard down - I better keep some spares ! The cistern is accessible through an access panel behind the flush panel though... it's not all bad!

I spent most of my working life making things as in-accessible as possible for custards :LOL:

The last one in london we connected one of the baths up before the ceiling below was boarded. and that would be the only way back in. :LOL:

Well I can't agree with that point of view, but I see what you're getting at. However, there's always a compromise, and wall hung toilets and sinks look great (in my opinion), but at a cost... you have to hide the plumbing. Plumbing is ugly and detracts from the clean look - you can't have it both ways... unfortunately.

I'm making it as accessible as I possibly can anyway. It won't be as bad as the marble disaster - although if you can afford 50k for some marble tiles, I doubt the re-tile really hurt his budget - if he has a budget.

Worst case for me is taking some tiles and plasterboard down - I better keep some spares ! The cistern is accessible through an access panel behind the flush panel though... it's not all bad!

Had to repair a leak on one of those a few weeks back, pan connection at rear started to leak after 3 years(fitted by others) Soil water was running down pipework in Lounge boxing. Nightmare job, remove tiles, boarding etc.

Insurance job, new carpet etc. Replacement tiles don't match the rest of the bathroom anymore, so hey good luck, but always look up at the ceiling, cos you never know.

Had to repair a leak on one of those a few weeks back, pan connection at rear started to leak after 3 years(fitted by others) Soil water was running down pipework in Lounge boxing. Nightmare job, remove tiles, boarding etc.

Insurance job, new carpet etc. Replacement tiles don't match the rest of the bathroom anymore, so hey good luck, but always look up at the ceiling, cos you never know.

Sounds terrible, but to be fair - the pan soil connector is the same as any toilet (on my one anyway). So this could happen to any style of toilet.

You're all sounding like I'm an early adopter... these wall hung toilets are everywhere. I'm in an office building full of them.

I'll live with the risk.

The ones in the office will have panels that lift up and out for service access

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back