Wall hung toilet on paramount board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im planning to fit a wall hung toilet in the bathroom that im refurbing.

Unfortunately the only wall where i can fit the pan is a paramount plasterboard wall so the loading when in use is a concern.

I was planning to make a timber frame or bulkhead that ties into the wall and floor that i could bolt the frame to.

Has anyone successfully done something like this and have any suggestions?

Could possibly build a full height timber frame and tie into a ceiling joist aswell

Sponsored Links
Yes, best way is to build a new timber stud wall in front of the existing one (or replace the existing one with a stud wall if possible) then fit the toilet frame into that

I used this product tied to joists above and below.
P1001T | Unistrut
Probably a bit over the top but I worried that even a proper timber partition would not do it. The instruction said solid brick / block wall.
All I had like you was a Paramount Partition.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 199
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 219
Nice job and thanks for the reply master.
The pics are very helpful

Is the toilet frame just bolted to the floor boards or does the fixing go right through in to the joist. Also did you tie the top into a ceiling joist or something similar?

Sponsored Links
The Toilet frame is bolted down to the silver Unistrut frame I built. You will see the cross member at floor level in the first picture. I had the luxury of ripping up the whole floor due to water damage so why not.
I would imagine it would be fine on the floor providing it is good order.
I tied the frame I built to the floor joists and the ceiling joists then connected the toilet frame to that.
Blimey looking at those picks now it was way over the top. Mind you not a squeak 15 years later.

Thanks again.
What kind of fixings did you use to tie the unistrut frame into the plasterboard wall with?

I did not attach it to the existing wall. It is connected only to the floor and ceiling joists.
If you mean how did I fix the new plaster board boxing in I attached Plywood to the new Unistrut / timber frame and then attached the plaster board to that.

I did not attach it to the existing wall. It is connected only to the floor and ceiling joists.
If you mean how did I fix the new plaster board boxing in I attached Plywood to the new Unistrut / timber frame and then attached the plaster board to that.

Ahh okay, i thought the unistrut was tied into the wall aswell as the floor and ceiling.

Thanks for confirming.
Good to know It can be done with just a ceiling and floor tie in's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back