wall lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lounge has two ceiling lights (each 3x40w bulbs), each switched independently from an existing double dimmer.

I want to install two wall lights (each 1x60w), by looping together the existing ceiling lights to one switched live, and then using the other switched live for the two wall lights. That way, one switch will operate both ceiling lights, and the other will operate both wall lights.
I can run the cable in the ceiling/wall cavity (inside trunking).

Any problems with this approach?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
hi ian, can't see a problem as long as you have not got too many lights of a high wattage on the lighting circuit, you can run a feeder wire ( twin and earth ) from one too the other, then the cable thats from the other switch run that to a junction box and come out of that with two feeds one to each of the wall lights. but like i always say if in doubt contact a sparki because its not worth taking a chance.

good luck mate :D

Sponsored Links
Just been checking that - the dimmer is rated at 250W per gang, so will be fine for 6 x 40W ordinary candle bulbs (I've just swapped these for the 6 x 60W that were there originally). Wall lights will just be 2 x 60W ordinary bulbs, so no problem there.

Now all I need is some new sunglasses to cope with the glare ...:cool:

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back