wall material for loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of putting flooring into my basic shaped loft, and adding some covering to the basic building materials that make up the walls. this is to create some pretty plesant storage space, but what should i use for the wall covering? i cant get plasterboard up there, and i dont fancy building stud walls, would hardboard be a simple thing to use? would condensation be a problem? would rockwool be suitable between the roof and this new 'skin' i am hoping to install? thanks! Ollie

Sponsored Links
i,m a professional dryliner.i,d use 6x3 duplex boards{foiled back]made by british gypsum if your roof doesn,t have felt under the tiles.if you do have felt use normal 6x3 wallboard .to get them in the loft just run a knife ,using a straight edge,neatly down the middle of the board,then snap the board in two so that the two halfs stay intact.hardboard will look terrible and be hard to decorate.
you need to keep a flow of air in the loft ,usually from under the eves to stop condensation.so bear this in mind if installing fibreglass.

I haven`t got felt under the tiles. What is the purpose for the foiled back duplex boards ?

Do I still have to insulate between the tiles and the duplex boards or will any insulation be ruined if the roof ever leaked

thanx :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back