Wall mounted basin taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have spent yesterday trying fit wall mounted basin tap single spout and lever on the wall plate with flexible tap connectors that have to be tightened through a letter box type back box.

The wall is plasterboard with polystyrene backing 25mm and then 2" block.

I have tried to find a video to show how they can be fitted in such a wall or something similar ie a brick wall.

If it was a stud wall i would have no problem. I would fit uprights and noggins to support the wall mounted basin and the wall mounted vanity unit to go beneath it.

Unfortunately, the customer and the builder and tiler did not think this through, the tiler is fitting the furniture all I need to do is the plumbing, he has notched out the insulated plasterboard and screwed 6x2 timbers to the wall but that has caused me problems trying to run my pipes in the wall, trying to avoid the screws and the basin and vanity unit fixing holes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Walk away - Tell the customer politely that you are the fall guy . Been there myself . Usual unconnected planning from builders :rolleyes: . And what vast remuneration do you get out of this job :evil:

Thanks Nige

I did manage to work out how to do it, but it would cost me whole day and the would be spent not doing plumbing. He is now getting a basin with mounted taps. I told him from the moment I saw the taps that they will not work, he could have returned them then, but he didn't. The worst thing is he has two of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back