Wall-mounted wash-basins

Sponsored Links
is the wall already plasterboarded ?
is not fit some noggins in behind plasterboard then plasterboard.
gives you something solid to screw into.

Sponsored Links
Yes, there is a plasterboard panel already.
This is a bathroom built as part as an extension in a bungalow. It is +/- 15 years old and need to be refreshed.
I already broke the tiles of the shower section and the platerboard came with, so took the all panels off.
I would like to change also the actual wash-basin which is standing on a ceramic foot, but I am not sure how to fix the new one for the plasterboard to survive.
I also want to put the new basin slightly on the side to win some space.

Should I brake the panel to see where are the beams under, then put new plasterboard and install the basin which will be fixed on the beam?

so if some plasterboarding needs doing and your tiling over the plasterboard i would fit some noggins in where the basin is going then you can use a proper basin fixing bolts and it'll never move.

OK but what if I don't breake the plasterboard there. Too much breaking in that bathroom!!

for the sake of cutting a section out to fit noggins and put a section of plasterbord back saves all the agro of not getting a fixing on the heavy basin.
and if your re tiling you'll never see the join.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back