Wall mounted shower isolator switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having google'd it to death I thought I'd put my circumstances across and get a general opinion.

Right, from what I have read there seem's to be no absolute requirement for a isolation switch for an electric shower.

Having said that, its considered good practice and I am not too sure how BC would consider the lack of said switch.

So back to me bathroom.
I have a fake wall built for the shower area -

(old drawing, ignore the angles bits)
Where the red brackets are I have 2 shelving units, 1 at the top 1 and the bottom, and a large gap in the middle, this was going to be for access to mixer shower unit, but now it is electric shower unit.

So what I was to put a wall mounted switch in this gap?
It would be zone 3 from the basin, but behind the shower area.

What do people think?
Also, I could put a 'door' on in the gap to cover the switch area?

General opinions?

Thanks.

(The only reason I am asking thie is because I mis-measured my cable and cannot reach the ceiling to put a pull cord.
I genuinely don't have the money to re-order the cable unless I can sell this run of cable and make my money back lol )

Sponsored Links
I don't understand where the shower is going. Can you add it to your drawing?

More detail please, zone 3 no longer exists!
Zones are dictated by bath and shower basins/trays, so is this the basin you are referring to, not the wash basin?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back