Wall mural help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I’m not a big DIY person and I pretty much signed up with a specific question I was hoping you guys could help me out with. Hopefully this is the right section for this question.

I’m thinking about buying a wall mural for my house, and I need to know how easy they are to put up. I’ve got a big blank white wall in my bedroom I’ve been looking to do something with for a while now, and my new office at work has a wall mural that looks really good. I’ve found a company in my city (http://www.thewowwall.com) that do personalised wall murals and I’ve got a design worked out that I’m very happy with. Only issue I’m having is that their fitting service is optional, and it’s something like another £150 to have them install it for you, so I’m considering putting it up myself to save some money.

I sent the company an email asking about this and they recommend I get it fitted by them, but they would say that. They sent me these instructions on how to do it yourself: http://www.thewowwall.com/index.php?user=home&page=WallMuralInstructions

Do you think this process is easy enough for me to do myself, or do you think I should just fork out the extra money? I’ve put up wallpaper before and had no problems, but this job sounds a bit more complicated. Any help from people who’ve fitted murals themselves would be especially good, thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you've paid good money for a quality product you're probably best paying them to fit it. Might end up cheaper because if you make a mistake it will look naff and you might have to buy another one.

Some murals are a nightmare (the cheap ones) because of the expansion when wet but yours is paste the wall which don't expand and they've also left an area to splice through when matching up the pattern which is another good sign.

Personally i don't mind paying good money for quality products and services as i reap the benefits in the long run

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back