Wall Optical Illusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am relatively new to this forum. I have been working on this one project for my company. I am planning to make an optical illusion, using number of pictures and make it look like one picture at an angle.

So what we're doing is attaching about 10 "walls" onto a wall but at a certain angle. Each wall will be parallel and evenly divided from each other. What we're going to do is make ONE picture and separate it into 10 pieces, and post each piece in order to each wall. So when a person looks at the design at the wrong angle, it will look like nothing, but when they look at it from the front and at the proper angle, they will see ONE picture. What I want to know is how I should make the measurements for each picture (the 10 pieces from one picture). Would I need to make the pictures wider? higher? shorter? thinner? or nothing at all? Please help me!!! Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Hello and welcome to the forum. Your idea sounds interesting and I'd like to see some pictures if you get it finished.
I can't give much advice but if I were doing something along these lines then I'd make a small scale mock up by cutting up a picturee of straight and curved lines and applying it to a board as you envisage fixing the end result to the wall. Then simply look at it, the human eye can normally see when things "look right" . Play with the model and then scale up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back