Wall Plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We are about to put the wall plate on the ground floor wall of our 2 story extension and we have 2 rsj's that finish on the wall therefore preventing us from laying the wood in one piece !!! so do we just lay the plate up to the first rsj and then start another piece the other side? if so this will mean that at one end of the wall we will have 1 metre of wall plate then the end of the rsj and then 6 metres of wall plate then rsj and then the last piece of 2 metres of wall plate.
Thanks
Nelliedee

Sponsored Links
that'll be ok.

make sure it is strapped down adequately.

we usually fix the straps after the joists and rafters, for fear of them being in the way.

we also temporarily restrain the plates with a mock joist while we pitch the rafters to prevent premature spreading.

nelliedee";p="811174 said:
Hi
We are about to put the wall plate on the ground floor wall of our 2 story extension/quote]

Hi nelliedee, I'm a bit confused with what you've written above. You are up to eaves level aren't you?

Concur with noseall re restraint.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Noseall.

Hi hotrod.
Sorry i should make myself clearer. The 2 story extension blockwork is finished. The 1st floor is set in a metre at the side and front and we are to have a small pitched roof wrapping around the gound floor part. Now that all the blockwork is finished we are about to put the wall plates on ground floor (ready for small pitched wrap around and also the 1st floor plates.
Hope this make more sense.
Also our 1st floor joists are in place and they are protruding across blockwork and need to be cut. Where do we cut to??? in line with the outer edge of blocks??? or innersdie???
Thanks guys
Nelliedee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back