Wall socket circui tripping off seemingly randomly.

A C32 needs a maximum measured EFLI of 0.58Ω to meet disconnection times.

TN-S Ze is.....?

I don't know, I've not measured it on this particular supply, all the regs state is <=0.8&#8486;

What's the consensus of relying upon the RC aspect of the RCBO in order to meet the disconnection times.

Sponsored Links
I don't know, I've not measured it on this particular supply, all the regs state is <=0.8&#8486;
But not &#8804; 0.58, and not &#8804; 0.35...

You aren't out of the woods with TN-C-S, (you still have a lower circuit length limit than you do with a B32), but you can see the edge of it.

What's the consensus of relying upon the RC aspect of the RCBO in order to meet the disconnection times.
According to a certain Paul Cook:

In TN systems it is preferable for RCBOs to operate in overcurrent mode when providing indirect shock protection. When they are working in overcurrent mode they are voltage independent, whereas in RCD mode they are not; they need a large enough voltage being applied to drive the circuitry inside. The IEC stipulate that voltage dependent RCDs should operate at voltages as low as 50V, so that the effects of a collapsing voltage in a fault condition are nullified. But if you get an open-circuit neutral, it is possible that an RCBO will not operate in RCD mode with a fault to earth, so the design for a TN system is supposed to ensure that RCBOs operate in overcurrent mode for indirect shock protection, and for this reason the earth fault loop impedence restrictions are the same, and a Type C or D RCBO may not provide a 0.4s disconnection time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back