Wall Thermostat Fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
There is currently no wall thermostat present in my daughters house. The ideal place for all logistics would be to fit one in her dining room. The Rad in the dining room currently has a Trv on it.

To save a drain down with replacement standard valve, I was considering removing the head adjuster from the current Trv which would create the effect of a normal open valve, thereby enabling the fitment of a wall thermostat in that room.
Do you agree this would be o.k.? thoughts welcome.
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Are there any rads without a TRV on them anywhere else?

Nowt to stop you using a wireless roomstat.

Sponsored Links
Just wondering if that stat in the dining room might turn off the heating "prematurely" for another room to be comfortable in.

I was considering removing the head adjuster from the current Trv which would create the effect of a normal open valve

Take the head off and cut the pin with a pair of pliars and put the head back on. You now have a non functional valve whitch you can set to 1 and it will still blast out the heat. :LOL:

22/7 in old money ;)

Take the head off and cut the pin with a pair of pliars and put the head back on. You now have a non functional valve whitch you can set to 1 and it will still blast out the heat. :LOL:
and which you'll never be able to isolate for maintenance again :idea: Hoorah

3 and one seventh.........

Very true dextrous. I have had valves in the past whereby the pin can just be pulled out though, which could then be kept for maintenance purposes.
Thanks for reply guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back