Wall tile trim sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried searching for the answer to this, so I apologise if I have missed it. I am having my bathroom retiled at present by my insurance designated company. The tiles chosen, by my wife, are 10mm thick. Where there is an external corner and around the window the tradesman? tells me it is only possible to get 9mm or 12 mm edging trim, nearest size, which means my corners arent very good. Is this true?

Also where he has had to cut the length of a tile you can see a small, in most cases, chip. He says that always happens. Cowboy??

Sponsored Links
webstarblue said:
Also where he has had to cut the length of a tile you can see a small, in most cases, chip. He says that always happens. Cowboy??
Why don't you post a pic then we can see whether your definition of "small" is the same as ours. Ooo er missus. ;)

gcol said:
webstarblue said:
Why don't you post a pic then we can see whether your definition of "small" is the same as ours. Ooo er missus. ;)

Not sure how to[/img]

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73320

Sorry for being stupid but the image is on my desktop so it doesnt have a url

You have to post it on an image hosting site - like photobucket. Then you post the link to the photo that way.

10mm tile trims are readily available in several colours

nellyb said:
10mm tile trims are readily available in several colours

I have googled this and cannot find anywhere. Can you enlighten me please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back