Wall Uplighters

10 Mar 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom

Does anyone know where I could get some wall uplighters that can be fitted without the need to chop a whole out of the wall behind to house the choc block connector?

Do such uplighters exist - all the ones I have seen require part ofthe wall to be chopped out? It's not the end of the world if I do have to chop out a box hole - it's just my walls are newly plastered and I would like to avoid this if poss.

Sponsored Links
Try lighting shops and lighting suppliers on the internet.

But where are the cables? Are they not already there in the walls to use?
The cables are in the wall. The ends were left protruding through the new plaster at the required fixing height.

However, the actual fittings for the lights I have require part of the wall to be chopped out in order for the choc clock to be placed into the wall, behind the light mounting plate that sits flush to the wall.

I was just wondering if there were uplighters that anyone new about which incorporated a U style bracket to allow a flush fitting, but with the choc block between the wall and bracket (i.e. no need to chop out wall). My other wall lights in the house incorporate the choc/connector block in the light body.

As it happens I couldn't find any like this (nice details on the lights on web and sheds, but no info available as to the type of fixings) so decided to chop out the walls to house the choc blocks.

Thanks anyway. :)
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local