wallpaper coming off walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the bedroom wall in my house. I live on a corner house the two outer walls of my bedroom are always cold. I wall papered twice in the room and after about 12 months of repapering the paper starts peeling off. Marks tend to appear on the paper and when you touch the paper is like as if its damp. I am fed up with it. I have been told its not rising damp. my pointing outside is fine so its not water penetrating through the walls.what i have found is that someone at some point has painted the walls with gloss paint so not sure it this is causing some problems. but if this was the case all walls would be affected and they aren't. someone has recommended i use Anderton three in one foil backed paper and then either paper over this or paint. Would really appreciate some advise or if anyone has used this foil paper has it worked.

Sponsored Links
Is the bedroom on the ground floor? If not, you can rule out rising damp, but not rule out penetrating damp. How well is the room heated and is it ventilated with open windows cos it could be condensation forming on the cold surface of the wall. With a few answers, may be able to advise.

the bedroom is on a first floor. it is fitted with central heating radiator. I do leave windows open during summer and winter during the daytime.

sound like condensation. is above insulated ? maybe need to fit an air brick

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply so far. keep them coming it really helpful to me. above the bedroom is an attic bedroom which again is prefect no problems there my daughter uses that. its nice and cos up there.

noone has commented on the 3 in 1 foil backed paper though. has anyone used this any recomendations whats it like. I am seriously thinking of using this. My wifes on my case to get the bedroom repapered before new year. no prizes for guessing what i will be doing over xmas hols then!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back