Wallpaper on Chipboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am about to begin the task of decorating chipboard. My partner has built an extra room for our daughter and has used Chipboard to section it off. The task of wallpapering has been delegated to me, but I am not sure how to begin on chipboard. Do I just hang paper as normal or put liner on??? How much paste do I use? How do you hide the gaps? Please help as I have not done this before.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Take the chipboard off the wall and beat your partner with it for wasting money and leaving you with the difficult bit.

:D Do you have any other advice on how to put up the paper please

Take the chipboard off the wall and beat your partner with it for wasting money and leaving you with the difficult bit.
:LOL:

Fill the joints with pollyfila, get some 1400 grade lining, use a ready mixed paste, size/prime the board with the paste, cross line , allow to dry then hang paper. You can use solvite paste = cheaper but it might take a few days to dry, paste may run and you will have to mop up pools of paste along skirting..

Good luck

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back