smelly wallpaper / paste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a decorator of 30 years experience.

In my own home I stripped a small room previously wallpaper some 10 years ago. re-plasterd a small area and painted the door and window in the normal way. I left the plaster to completely to dry out before re-papering.

I used the popular brand of paste beginning with "s" and a leading wallpaper. Shortly after finishing the room there was a strong smell of wall paper paste as it it had gone off and the smell is just as strong some 8 weeks after.

Has anyone else had this experience and is there anything I can do to stop the smell. The room is completely dry

Sponsored Links
Open windows and doors and let some air into t'shop.

You can't have smell without evaporation (your nose smells the particles). If you think of those air freshener gels you'll know what I mean. If it is really dry then the source of the smell is elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back