wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I stop the print/dye from a dark (brown) wallpaper from scuffing off the edges .When the paper is hung you can see no joints between drops but when it is drying you can see the joints quite badly. The paper has a coloured edge to it but it still shows as a very visible white line when dry. Is there any way to stop this? I have thought of sealing the edge before hanging with a weak pva mix but this would be very time consuming and I dont know if this would cause more problems if paste gets onto it. Any help most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Leave the PVA where it is for a start.

I know exactly what you mean with the paper..its a shame wallpaper manufacturers dont have enough vision to colour the backing of some papers to match the faces.

Its going to be hard work im affraid...I use poster colours and gentle wipe the nearest match I can make over the joint afterwards...its not easy and you must make sure you dont leave any residue behind...another method you could try is a felt tip pen

Id suggest you practice both and see which works best for your paper on a piece of board first.

You used to be able to get coloured crayons to rub on the edge of a roll of paper. You can mark out were you paper will go and paint a two inch line down the wall with a similar colour of emulsion. as zamp says the manfactures dont have the forsight to help or probably cant be bothered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back