Mega expanding wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just hung two rolls of this dark brown feature wallpaper from Homebase. The instructions stipulated to allow the paste to soak for 10 mins. During this time the paper expanded from the usual 52.5 cms to 54 cms (15mm!!)

Most papers I have used in the past have expanded from 52.5cm to 53cm.

Anyway, the problem I have is once on the wall and drying, the paper has started to contract and has left about 1mm gap between drops, showing the lining paper under it.

Am I missing a trick here, or is there a possible defect with the paper?

Central heating turned off and room was a fairly constant 15 degrees throughout the hanging and drying out period.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
15 mm :eek:

Sorry like you, the most I ever see paper expand is 6mm.

Paper reps usually blame us for pressing too hard and stretching the paper when hanging :rolleyes: bstids.

One bad job I recall was due to frosty nights and the customer closing doors to the lounge/ diner. no heat combined with wet paper (14 rolls) made room dank so edges dint dry first resulting in all seams peeping. Bad year :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back