Wallpaper Seams...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, been hanging a black wallpaper onto a bedroom wall and the seams are flashing through a mile away. Any advice how to avoid would be appreciated....

The wall was stripped and cross lined then I figured just to be sure of the surface I pva'd it.

Used a ready mixed tub of paste and allowed the recommended soak time- once pasted I rolled the lengths to meet in the middle ( was a tip from an old school painter). Hung the strips and butt jointed them together, all seemed ok but as its dried you can see the lining paper beneath and it looks pretty rough...

Would painting the wall before papering be a plan??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Would painting the wall before papering be a plan??

No..leaving the wall alone after you crosslined it would have been though..

The PVA has probably caused the paper to shrink because it couldnt get a grip.

Its the same situation as when you paper a wall with gloss on it..the best surface to paper on is lining paper, without the PVA or anything else.

It allows just enough slip, but also gives the paper something to bite into..if it cant then it will shrink as it dries.

Try colouring the joints with some poster paint..but make sure you wipe it from the face of the paper itself.

Cheers Zampa, will give the poster paint a go..

Goth? no i'm a chess playing want to be secret agent. oh no wait a minute- thats you chess spy haha.

The wallpaper is black with a really thin gold stripe through it by villanova and hung as a feature wall- only took one roll so its worth stripping it and rehanging if the paint doesnt work out.

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
The wallpaper is black with a really thin gold stripe through it

Wow...a jewish goth!!!!...thats a first on here!! ;)

Hi, cm02,
:LOL: :LOL: chessplaying wannabe secret agent.
who ever said I could play chess?
Happy hannakah

Remember Guys,
only 128 happy shopkeeping days to hanukkah

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back