walls just plastered damp on floors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
our walls were plastered 2 weeks ago and i decided to paint on them. they seemed dry when we painted and i don't know whats going on. for a start after we painted half the room the one half we painted went light blue as we hoped. when we painted the second half of the room it looked darker then in 2 days went the same colour as the rest. but some of it hasn't gone light and has stayed darker on the far wall. some of the paint has gone lighter almost like its trying to dry out,but half a wall remains darker than the rest of the room(3 days now since we painted) also in the corners of the room(no carpets yet we just moved in) it is slightly damp on the floor in all 4 corners. is this the plaster causing this and will it dry, or whats going on?

Sponsored Links
ohhhhhhhh someone has told me to open the windows up and let air in,i did it for 4 hours and the paint has now gone all the same colour all the way around!!!!!! im sorry i thought to get rid of damp you had to leave windows shut and fire on? it seems the opposite worked. but why did the paint on the wall need fresh air to make it the same colour as the rest? weird.i will open the windows every day from now on and hopefully the damp floor should dry too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back