Wardrobe - Sliding doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to build a fixed wardrobe. I'm a carpenter so it's not completely alien to me but there are a few things that I'm not sure about.

Sliding doors - Which tracks/runners are the best in terms of quality and fitting?

How far back should I place the shelves in accordance to the front of the wardrobe frame? I want to leave enough for the doors to slide.

What's the best material to use for the doors?

Take in mind the wardrobe will be built in to the sloping eaves of the roof.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's been quite a move up here to lightweight made-to measure aluminium framed sliding sets which are both lightweight and quick to install. My own supplier for these is HPP in Oldham but I'm sure you must have somebody nearer doing similar doors. These come supplied with tracks and are in many ways similar to nationally advertised system. In the past I've used track systems from Stanley, Henderson and Hafele all of which have proven to be reliable.

When you say "the into sloping eaves" what orientation do you mean?...pinenot :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back