Warm Air Heating Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have warm air heating in my house, and the thermostat looks to be quite old and ugly.

My main gripe is that it simply has numbers on and not temperatures, so i have no idea what the temperature in the room is.

Can I replace this thermostat with a conventional one or does it have to be something specific to the warm air system??

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
This is a thermistastat as opposed to a conventional room stat it does not work on voltage as such ,but on a veriable resistance (sensed by control panel on heater) as room heats and cools. If you contact johnson starley at northampton they will tell you if one with actual temp on it is avialable

You could just buy a digital room thermometer and work out what temperature the numbers give you.

I doubt the stats with the temperature on are that accurate.

You have a System ET or Modairflow.

These do not have temperature markings but just numbers. There is no thermostat available with temperature readings for this model, for reasons too complex to go into here.

Advantica tests (gas testing house, part of the Centrica group) have shown this model to be able to maintain temps to an accuracy of 0.1C.

So find a number you are are happy with whatever the actual temp and it will keep it there.

Sponsored Links
Its a Modairflow!!!

Thanks for the advice, I shall leave it as it is.

Many Thanks.

Its a Modairflow!!!

Thanks for the advice, I shall leave it as it is.

Many Thanks.
You have a System ET or Modairflow.

These do not have temperature markings but just numbers. There is no thermostat available with temperature readings for this model, for reasons too complex to go into here.

Advantica tests (gas testing house, part of the Centrica group) have shown this model to be able to maintain temps to an accuracy of 0.1C.

So find a number you are are happy with whatever the actual temp and it will keep it there.

Is simon still around to explain how a J&S Modairflow thermostat can hold their warm air heating to within 0.1C? Ours can't keep it within 4C and it's driving me mad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back