warm flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Im new here so any help appreciated,
old (at least 12yrs) north facing 8'x12' felt flat roof cracked in places not yet leaked inside?this 'summer'
My plan is to lay 100/ 120 pir foil faced insul over the ex felt, osb over this, then epdm waterproofing. My questions are:
is it ok to use ex felt as vapor check?
can i fix osb through pir into ex deck joists thinking about any probs with restricted expansion? also plan to fill any gaps from top of bwk to underside of warm deck,
Thanks in anticipation jg61
ps sorry if answers in older posts i did do a search first, honest :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi yes I could remove old deck just want to leave it if I can I think its solid enough and don't want to damage ceiling with extra work. Any thoughts?
John

You can leave the existing as a VCL as long as it is in good order though considering you have cracks and how cheap polythene VCL is you may as well use it too (loose laid) and fix the insulation down with thermally broken fixings (plastic tube washers) and glue the EPDM over the top. you don't need the extra OSB unless you want the surface to be more walkable

Sponsored Links
SRE thanks for that it will need osb on top for window cleaning access can you explain plastic tube detail please can I fix top osb and insulation in one hit with that method thanks john

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back