Warm Deck Roof in flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am building a flat roof on my back extension.

I am building a flat roof and above the timber joist i am putting OSB3 board 18mm than with this vapor proof barrier https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115612903087 not sure if its the correct item i have bought? If someone can help me that will be great and if its correct do i need to put anything to stick it down?

after the vapor proof barrier i am putting Celotex 150mm PIR insulation (taping the joints together with aluminum foil tape from top and fixed with screw from insulation to OSB 3 bord.

above the insulation i am putting OSB 3 board again and on top of that will be felt.

if someone can help me with the vapor proof barrier as stated above as that where i am thinking i am going wrong.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I used this, with primer from Toolstation (but I think it said on the instructions that you could get away without the primer on clean OSB).

Screenshot_20230601-091759.png

thanks for the reply cdbe but the one i purchased is not self adhesive as you have bought maybe i bought the wrong one.

Sponsored Links
If you have a VCL below the insulation, what do you achieve by taping the insulation joints? By that point in the roof, if moisture has got in, you want to let it go.

Also, I'd screw through the top OSB, insulation, bottom deck OSB in one go.

With my flat roof, I just used 1000 gauge plastic sheet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back