Warm roof for a log cabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am looking for some help with insulating the roof of a log cabin ( 12x14 foot). I have only just ordered it and want to be prepared when it arrives. It comes with a TG boarded shallow pitched roof and felt.

What I was considering doing was using around 50mm kingspan/celotex type insulation with thin ply or osb on top followed with and EPDM sheet.
Is this a sensible way of insulating a roof and do I need any extra vapor barriers, also what would be the best fixings for the boards?

Regards

David

Sponsored Links
Does it come with a ceiling inside? Why not just insulate the roof from bellow, provided you pack insulation tight up to the underside of the roof deck you'll be ok. What's the point in paying for an additional waterproof layer? Your vapour barrier needs to go between the insulation and the plasterboard. This could be foil backed plasterbaord.

If you stick insulation on top of the felt roof there's no point fitting a vapour barrier, nothing's gonna get through the felt!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back