Warm roof / cold roof / compound roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin all,

I'm extending the rear of my garage to add a utility / storage area. All plans approved and work progressing nicely. Thing is, now it's taking shape it's looking like a more useful space than I originally imagined and I'd like to upgrade it from non-habitable (as per the plans) to habitable space. BCO has no problem with that, as long as its intended use does not change ("of course it won't Mr BCO").

I've done some of the necessary e.g. cavity wall instead of single skin. Problem is the flat roof, which is well under way. The plans specify a completely uninsulated roof. What I should do is redesign it to make a properly ventilated cold roof or a warm roof. Both of these might be a bit tricky at this stage, so I fancy trying to persuade the BCO that an unventilated roof stuffed 100% full of celotex completely avoids the possibility of condensation and is therefore an acceptable approach. This has been discussed elsewhere e.g. here .....

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=806862

My question is, has anyone any experience of doing this and getting it succesfully signed off by a BCO? Maybe Woody would know the answer, if he's still around. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back