Warm roof insulation edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am building my first warm roof construction that doesn't have brick and wall plate past the insulation. I am wondering the common way of creating mounting points for the fascia on the edge of the 120mm insulation, do you run wood all the way around the perimeter of the insulation built up to the 120mm height or is there a more cost effective way like making mounts every 600 centres instead, or even cheaper EPDM covering the whole edge also??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If its plastic fascia, then you really want a continuous sold backing timber. 25mm will do

If you are having a level fascia then you will need a kerb detail.

If you are having the fascia following the roof slope, then you can run EPDM over and part way down the fascia and finish with a nice neat proprietary plastic edging

120mm is a big distance to have no fixings for any fascia or deck board edge - and the roof edage is susceptible to wind lifting. So yes, you do want something continuous to support the deck boards and the fascia. but what the is depaends on what fascia detail you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back