Warm water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thermal store system where the mains pressured water is forced into the coil of the hot tank and is heated by the surrounding water. Then it is blended and to the taps and shower.The boiler is working ok and the tank gets hot to touch. I recently changed the blending valve but still the same problem. I disconnected the blending valve so the hot and cold inlets and the output pipe to the taps were completely disconnected and the turned the mains water on. I get hot water out of the tank but water came back up the outlet pipe to the taps.How can this be? The only way the cold and hot water is mixed beyond the blender is at the shower and bathe/ shower mixer taps.

I have had the pressure checked and the water board says its ok and a plumber said that the flow from the bath is 5 litres /min where it should be 18litres/min.

The system has a prv and non return check valve which the plumber has ok'd
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back