warmcore door, quality issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bought a set of warmcore bifold doors on inspection the mitres on the sash appear to be massive, exposing the orange inners,

IMG_20190716_114511.jpg

Sponsored Links
alymac, good evening.

If it were me?? I would be demanding replacement doors, no Iffs No buts, either replace or give me all my money back, now.!

I would be concerned that moisture could enter the gaps, OK the supplier will tell you his "all singing / dancing super deluxe [50.P / TUBE ] Mastic will cure all, --- crap--- "

These doors aint cheap [as if you did not know that] ?

If the miter is open on the weather side then that will be a disaster, rain penetration, moisture within the frame, Etc. Etc. Etc.

There has been a failure of the manufacturing process where the Jig that forces the frame together has not worked, it could be that the adhesive has part set so the jig cannot force the frame into place? The spacers that position the glass are too large, or the glass itself has been made too large?? the permutations are legend.

Bottom line is get the manufacturer and installed back.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back