What are some other 'quality' options besides bifold doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just getting some quotes and doing research for a rear extension. All I hear is bifold doors, bifold doors.

I can see the benefits of them but I'm also a bit unsure about how cumbersome they are when you open them. Also, what do people use to cover them at night? Curtains, blinds?

Anyway, what I'm asking is are there any other quality options besides bifold doors? I don't want bog standard uPVC patio doors or bog standard french uPVC doors. What else is out there?

Sponsored Links
We door a lift and glide uPVC patio at upto 6000mm, also do new wave doors. Check them out

First of all it's good that you are doing your research into the subject. As a Bifold supplier myself i can obviously think of many good reasons as to why bifold doors make for the most perfect patio doors. Imagine all of that natural light flooding through your room.

It's important to remember that all bifolds have different features. Ours in particular are made using a profile from Smart architectural aluminium which allow us to supply pretty much the most slim-line and smooth bifold door around.

[removed]

Sponsored Links
I'm liking the look of Kloeber aluminium French doors at the moment, although I've yet to check what the price difference is between these and bifolds.

I like the sound of aluminium French doors with glazed panels either side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back