Warmflow oil burner making loud whining/squeal/shriek noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outside housed warmflow oil burner which over the past few weeks has developed a loud whining noise when it runs.

I recently got the oil burner serviced and the oil pump replaced which worked fine for a couple of months.

The burner has not been in use for the past 4 months or so but since firing it up the last couple of weeks it has developed a loud shrieking noise.

I did notice that after the pump was installed the burner made a few false starts and went into lock out mode but after hitting reset it fires up and ran ok. It maybe does this lock out 1 in 15 startups.

FYI - The oil has never ran out and when it runs it heats water and rads as normal albeit sounding like im stamping on cats!

Sponsored Links
More than likely its the motor bearings.
Or the motor/capacitor is dying. (could be the cause of intermittent lockout.)

More than likely its the motor bearings.
Or the motor/capacitor is dying. (could be the cause of intermittent lockout.)

how handy would that be to fix myself/and what should I check for to see if that is the problem.

thanks

If you can change bearings, and you can work your way through a minor bit of mechanics, not much of a problem. The capacitor change is so easy, er..., even I can do it. :confused:

Sponsored Links
If you can change bearings, and you can work your way through a minor bit of mechanics, not much of a problem. The capacitor change is so easy, er..., even I can do it. :confused:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back