RDB boiler locking out after a few minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my warmflow boiler has started locking out after running for a few minutes, during the time it runs the outlet gets hot (nearly to hot to grab) then just before the boiler stops the burner noise changes tune slightly to a deeper noise that sounds like its struggling a bit, then the burner will cut out, the ignition sounds, it doesnt fire so then goes to a lockout.

i have had several new oil pumps fitted the most recent about a month ago but the boiler has ran fine since then until the weekend

any ideas?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Was a new solenoid coil fitted at the same time as the pump - and are the tank filters clean?
Can I ask you how many pumps you've actually had?
John :)

i jumped the gun a bit and missed the obvious, when i realised that it was after the weekend when we had about 30 kids running round the house and garden that the boiler started playing up.

just checked all oil lines and realised that even tho i was getting oil to the bleed nipple it wasn't a lot so i unscrewed the filter and still not much of a flow. checked the valve upstream of the filter and it was nigh on shut, one of the little buggers must've been playing where they shouldnt. that would explain why it would run for a few minutes if it hadn't been run for a while until all the oil that was in the pump had gone then it would stop the little buggers!!

i think i'm on my 4th pump now since 2007, the first 1 broke christmas eve which was very non convenient to say the least then the next a few weeks later so the engineer came back and left a spare that time, then a year or so later that one went and then last month the last one broke so i had to buy one for £77. hopefully this one will last better than the previous ones!!

haven't had to change or repair anything else on the boiler just cleaned the nozzle a couple of times when changing pumps as there tends to be small filings built up which i assume are from the knackered pumps

thanks for the quick reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back