Warms the cockles of your heart....

If we take this at face value, Mr Corti didn't strike first.

Unfortunately, I suspect that anyone who has never been attacked with a knife - and that's most of us - would panic, freeze on the spot and be found dead some time later. :( :( :(

I have had a number of knife fights and even though I was quite handy in my younger days, if the fights had been the real thing and not part of my army training, I would probably not be here now. :eek:

There are two types of knife fighters, trained and untrained. Both will probably kill you.

If you can, walk or run away...

Sponsored Links
Many years ago I was threatened with a knife with the comment "gimme all your money or I'll blast ya". (Seeing as it was Kennington SE whatever, I suppose its par for the course). Being a little worse for wear after a recent break up with what I thought was a 'great bit of skirt' I asked "what, with a knife?"

Whilst the lad looked down at his blade briefly I shoved him into the road only to leg it myself - total bravery eh! After 100 yards or so, I looked back to see lad (well bits of lad) under a bus.

I 'so bravely' walked back to survey the damage I had caused, waited for the ambulance to turn up and lift his flattened body and explained what I'd done to the old bill. Never seen a person with arms and legs pointing they way these did! Hehe.

Anyway, the police put it to me that he merely fell and was probably a crack head.

Paul

There was no charge of attempted murder. And by the sounds of things he wasn't there to steal. Reading the story, it looks as though the bloke (they were neighbours) went around to have a row with the boxer dude.
He claims that he can't remember anything, if he'd been partying til the early hours then thats entirely feasible. I'd put this down to a drunken act of stupidity than an attempt to steal or murder anyone.

If anything the sentence seems a little harsh, if held up against other ridiculously low sentences given to 'proper' criminals, that we are always reading about. And looking at the pictures of the burglar, I don't think he's got it in him to stick a knife in anyone, couldn't knock the skin off of rice pudding!
He probably took it for his own protection, as he'd been in rows with the boxer before and was probably too scared to get into a proper fight with the hard looking bastard.

Here's a good bit:

"Mr Corti said he called police when he found McCalium banging on the front door of his house at about 6.30am.

Two hours later, he said, he came downstairs and saw bar worker McCalium in his hallway.
"

Perhaps the story should read: "Police, useless at protecting the elderly from rowdy louts"

Deluks";p="1268077 said:
There was no charge of attempted murder. And by the sounds of things he wasn't there to steal. Reading the story, it looks as though the bloke (they were neighbours) went around to have a row with the boxer dude.
He claims that he can't remember anything, if he'd been partying til the early hours then thats entirely feasible. I'd put this down to a drunken act of stupidity than an attempt to steal or murder anyone.

If anything the sentence seems a little harsh, if held up against other ridiculously low sentences given to 'proper' criminals, that we are always reading about. And looking at the pictures of the burglar, I don't think he's got it in him to stick a knife in anyone, couldn't knock the skin off of rice pudding!
He probably took it for his own protection, as he'd been in rows with the boxer before and was probably too scared to get into a proper fight with the hard looking b*****d.

Here's a good bit:

"Mr Corti said he called police when he found McCalium banging on the front door of his house at about 6.30am.

Two hours later, he said, he came downstairs and saw bar worker McCalium in his hallway.
"

Perhaps the story should read: "Police, useless at protecting the elderly from rowdy louts"

I thought Rose West looked quite angelic. She wouldnt harm a fly

Paul

Sponsored Links
I thought Rose West looked quite angelic. She wouldnt harm a fly

Paul

I thought her husband looked like that bloke out of Mungo Jerry :D

Fred West -

RayDorset.jpg

Mungo Jerry -

_1163511_west_150.jpg

Back