WARNING AntiVirus Update SCAM

^woody^ to be fair to home users being infected by this scummy scare ware is worryingly easy.

I have seen many htaccess hacks that have tried to install this software (and variants of). When clients have used google to search for a site they have been misdirected to infected sites.

It is easy to see how users hit the x in the html pop ups thinking that that they are closing the window and not realising that they are infecting their machines.

This product has the most aggressive malicious affiliates of any that I have encountered. This is not helped by the fact that for a long time AV providers were worried about court action if they flagged it as a virus. (how long did it take for the big boys, other than Prevx, to detect and remove Micro Billing Systems for example)

I only know of two people that have been foolish enough to pay up (I was on holiday) and both of them are pursuing extra payments that they did not authorise.

Sponsored Links
They are still trying it on and with the worm that is 'doing the rounds', people may panic and think this email is from Windows and click on the links. This is thelatest that my spam filter trapped.
I have pasted it here so that you can see that it looks 'genuine'.

DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS if you receive this email. That includes the one that says
"You will not get anymore emails if you click here."

Antivirus for Windows - New version available

Antivirus Activation Code: 8463
://bnewdaily.com/re.php?lnk=1

Download Antivirus 2009 now and receive a FREE complementary Firewall software package to help reinforce and protect your PC from malicious viruses.

- Live protection 24/7
- Adware & Malware prevention
- Included: Registry Repair, Firewall Pro, Spyware Remover

Protect your computer from virus attacks, trojans, and other forms of Malware.

Antivirus Activation Code: 8463
://bnewdaily.com/re.php?lnk=1

Thank you for choosing us, the worldwide leader in computer protection software.

Best Regards,

Tony Stevens
Antivirus Security

You will not get anymore of our emails if you go here
://bnewdaily.com/

or write to:

Plaza Neptuno, local #7
Via ricardo J Alfaro, Tumba Muerto
Panama Ciudad
Republica de Panama

Links deactivated to prevent accidental clicking.
dave

Dave, why didn't you print this in March 2008, you could have saved me £60. Didn't you get the ESP message I sent? ;) :LOL: ;)

haha i always like topics like this,

the top and bottom of it, if you you get the need to download them... like me :oops: then install them on a virtual machine first and see what it dose! i always install crap on one of them which i just keep wiping and reinstalling after i had my little fun...

but the top and bottom of it. With anti-virus software and other security applications, if your going to download one then google it first and see what its reviews are, then download from the 'offical site' not from anywere else.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back