Warped front door

off at a tangent though the damp might be relevant

but heating pipes should not drip and there should not be a puddle. If you describe this on the heating and plumbing forum (this will need to know what sort of boiler you have, and is the dripping pipe coming from the boiler or a loft tank) they can probably help cure it.

Sponsored Links
off at a tangent though the damp might be relevant

but heating pipes should not drip and there should not be a puddle. If you describe this on the heating and plumbing forum (this will need to know what sort of boiler you have, and is the dripping pipe coming from the boiler or a loft tank) they can probably help cure it.

Thanks John. I did talk to someone about it before it and was told that it was just vapour from the water being heated escaping. It drips on to the roof and then drips on to the floor. Will head over to the H&P forum though.

if a plain unrebated door casing is used (unlikely for an external door) you can always lift the door stop bead and replace it to suit the warp.
for a rebated door frame, you could adjust the lock keep so it stands further away from the rebate and closes with minimal force (but hopefully minimal rattle also). then tack a retro fit draught excluder like a q-lon 21b onto the frame to close the gap.

There is an overflow pipe above the porch roof that vents the heating which drips condensation but the slight pool is at least 0.5m away from the door and there is no splashback.

This will be the condensate pipe from a condensing boiler i think. It would normally be brought down to ground level though I am not sure if that is a requirement. It is normal for it to drip in spurts when the heating is on.

Sponsored Links
condensate pipe should go into a drain or soakaway, not into a puddle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back