Warranty & British Gas HomeCare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

recently had an Ideal combi installed in a property that will be rented out. 7 year warranty activated but this obviously only covers the boiler. I always take out basic level British Gas HomeCare or whatever it's called in my rentals, this covers the boiler and rads and they also do annual check and landlord certificate.

My question is how will the Ideal warranty and HomeCare work alongside each other? For example, if British Gas ever discover a fault with the boiler within the 7 years, will their IT system be advanced enough to know the boiler is in warranty and, if yes, will they then engage directly with Ideal for a fix under warranty?

Or am I hoping for too much? Should I put a sticker on the front of the boiler saying 'under warranty until <date>' to ensure any attending British Gas engineers are aware?

Sponsored Links
We won't know and quite frankly generally don't care.
If it's under our cover will usually just fix it. Unless it's expensive parts, then ideal can have it.

Regards the warranty, I'm not sure whether ideal accept BGs annual inspection as sufficient to maintain the 7 year warranty.

I doubt very much if Ideal will accept BG annual safety check or inspection or whatever they are calling a flue gas analyser check these days as proof of servicing but call them up and ask them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back