Question about British gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a worcester Bosch boiler british gas installed it. Should they guarantee the installation ??? They put it in, also homecare they will only reduce the bill by £3 per month the ( warranty on boiler for 5 yrs) still have to pay to cover the boiler. Not system only. Any inside info?

Sponsored Links
A couple of years ago, I replaced a boiler for a BG contract client. The boiler has a 7 year warranty, but obviously it doesn't cover the old rads, which the old dear was worried about.

She phoned BG while I was there and they massively reduced the plan charge, to only cover the rads, with an option to reinstate the boiler when the warranty runs out.

So, yes they are not being fair with you, but, then, why on earth pay the extra for BG installs in the first place?

'Twas a good deal , had quotes off independents still worked out £600 cheaper! Plus was on homecare already.

Sponsored Links
For what BG charge for an install, I'd want boiler & system covered within that charge. BG beating independents by £600, did you get that right?

James.

British Gas is like a spider web. Once you've caught they get much money on you and trap you

I bought a worcester Bosch boiler british gas installed it. Should they guarantee the installation ??? They put it in, also homecare they will only reduce the bill by £3 per month the ( warranty on boiler for 5 yrs) still have to pay to cover the boiler. Not system only. Any inside info?

Just to clarify: you DO mean BG supplied and fitted?

BG wont fit something if you supply it.

AFAIK they Supply and fit the boiler, but only give you a 1 year garentee, (where as really you should have 5 years on the boiler) but they will happily take the full homecare payment for the boiler+system after 1 year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back