Wash stand top for mosaics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Last part of my wetroom project is the wash stand to sit the basin on. I have had an oak stand made;

Originally I was going to get a piece of stone cut for the top but have not been able to get a colour that I want (to match the wall tiles). I have now opted for a mosaic top to match the mosaics on the floor in the shower area;

My question is, what should I use to mount the mosaics on? I want to have 2 tiles depth on the front and side edges, with the top obviously covered in mosaics and the underside leading edge finished off with mosaics too. Here is a picture of what I mean;

The top needs to be 48mm thick and I was thinking that WBP ply would be the best material. If I used 2 x 18mm and 1 x 12mm boards I could get the right dimensions by glueing them together.

It would be easier to get something machined at the sawmill to the correct thickness, but what could I use? Remember it is to be tiled on and will get wet occassionally.

Thanks for your help.

PP

Sponsored Links
Hiya PP

Look at your job , what a cracking good job ..
Proud of you lad ,
well done ....:) :)

WBP will be fine .....
use bal apd an bal mosaic mud gear :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back