Washer Dryer - Dryer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint WD62 (5 years old). Washing machine is fine but dryer no longer works. As in doesn't turn on even. Could it be a fuse gone and if so, how do I change it?
It was working fine one day and then nothing the next, no warning.

Sponsored Links
I have the same machine:

If its the case the drum moves but there is no heat?
>There are two thermistors inside. I would guess one of these have blown. Both have to work.

The other problem I had was that the screws holding the pipe from the heater to the in let of the drum had worked lose. Heat was being made. (the outside of the top of the machine still got hot), but no heat was getting into the drum.

This can easily been seen. Remove the top and at the top back the big plastic pipe will not be joined on to the drum.

I can recommend the website http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/phpBB2/ with a forum.

no, the drum doesn't move, and the door lock light doesn't even come on i.e. the door lock doesn't engage and door can be opened. so as soon as the dial is on either of the drying positions, it just stops and i assume the power dies.

thanks for other link, will check that out too.

Ask on the other forum. He's a good guy (and has W/M experience), and I thanked him for getting my machine dryer working with a paypal donation. Was cheaper than a call out guy/new machine.

Sponsored Links
That's a real shame. And that;s why I also dropped him a small amount for a beer or too, as if people paid a small amount for his time, he feels it worth doing. Unfortunately so many people are willing to take advice and not pay for it....
I cant help any more.

that forum has been closed for quite some time ( i have seen it before)

it's a long shot but i've seen this a few times. believe it or not this can be caused by a broken dryer timer knob. i.e. it's turning in your hand but the spindle of the timer is staying still. i was suckered twice with this before getting to the habit of checking it first.
i hope i'm right, good luck.

To Keithwasherman,

Thanks a million! The knob came off very easily, probably becuase it was broken, the end bit had snapped off. So as you suggested, it wasn't actually turning the timer inside.

I glued the knob back together and I now have a working dryer once again! I'm very pleased as my husband was all ready to off and buy a new one.

Thanks again. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back